It's Complicated



It's Complicated
A dog
killed a cat.

More complicated
Her dog killed
my cat.

My close friend's dog
killed
my beloved cat
in my house.

Even more complicated,
a friendship which
had its issues 
before her dog
killed my cat.

She lied about the dog
before she left him
in my care
 in my house
Where brutally this morning
he killed my cat.

The case of murder
is more complicated, Judge,
than just the facts
There is betrayal, lies, evasion
the killer
still in my care.

Who is at fault
The dog I have known for ten
the owner I have known for forty
the cat being too trusting
or me for trusting them all.

It's complicated
I am less one cat
less a trusted friend
but still must
care for the dog
that killed
my cat.

Rest in Peace, Scrappy.
j. binford-bell
December 18, 2014

Comments

  1. I cannot even imagine how you are feeling having to care for the murderer. Not to mention being lied to by someone you trusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully expressed. Please, in the middle of grief, don't go blaming yourself! So, you are trusting? In my book that is a good thing. Dutch saying: As the Host is, (the word refers to a commercial host) so he trusts his guests. You are by nature honest and expect the same. Not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry