Comes Now the End of May

The Climb
Trinidad, Colorado

May has been very busy, sometimes difficult, occasionally exhilarating, often unbalancing, and surprisingly educational. I am glad it is almost over. I am exhausted. The easy part of preparing for a photographic exhibit was done in April. I would not have guessed that would be the case. But I had all photos selected, printed, mounted, and boxed two weeks early for the May 4th opening.

Then began my education in patience, flexibility, and tolerance. The new gallery was not granted an occupancy permit until May 11. My work was not hung until May 12th. The Trinidad Photography Gallery did not have its grand opening until the 18th. And I could not disentangle from all my obligations to make it up to Trinidad, Colorado until May 25th for my introduction to the photographic community there. 


I kept repeating to myself the W.C. Fields quote, "Even a dead fish can swim downstream," as I kept on keeping one day at a time. I would flip from time to time in my desk calendar to June which seemed so blissfully empty and open. Now I am writing in commitments in July.


Polytunnel with improvements like a door

When it would all get to be too much I would work on improvements on my polytunnel, which my sister says I should now call a green house, and plant seeds and seedlings. That at least I thought was within my control. Then I realized the marker I had used to carefully label the plastic stakes marking each row of seeds was not waterproof. I whined to a friend on the internet who said, "It will all be revealed in time." 

Just yesterday I deduced where I had sown the sorrel seeds. But it still seems as if I have planted too many carrots and Brussels sprouts. But then I seem to remember the first leaves of several related plants look alike. Some could be broccoli or curly kale. Let's hope. Or come late summer I will have to get a table at the farmer's market to sell Brussels sprouts.

The new green house improvements keep the dogs I board from getting in and digging anything up. I love my door. It was a great meet and greet at the gallery. And I had fun exploring one of my favorite cities with my camera. Those photos will appear here and on Creative Journey and Binford-Bell Studio in the weeks to come. Sort of like having all my photos done early for the May show.


The Door
Trinidad, Colorado

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry