Control is an Illusion



I usually slide between seasons easily with no regret beyond being a bit unprepared when it comes to winter. But this year I have totally resisted it. I want to lay the blame on everything which was going beginning in October. My focus was definitely in a very different place. The first snow came as a shock.

The whole fall into winter knocked me off balance. I overate. I binged on coffee to excess. I try to live in a delicate balance. I feel better when I do. But suddenly I was not feeling good. I had gotten dehydrated from not drinking enough water and drinking too much coffee. And my blood sugar was all over the place because I was not eating on my schedule but the holiday schedule of friends who wanted to do lunch, etc. And I had gained nine pounds.

Since that rude awakening a couple weeks ago I have been trying to be better. Since healthy living was a previous habit it was not difficult to get back to it. But I did not get the immediate results I expected. But I have cut my coffee back to two cups and some times 2 and a half. I have seriously made myself drink water. I have bought and worked into my schedule some detox and cleansing teas. And as of this morning lost four pounds. I am beginning to believe I will recover from this. And the anxiety it created in my life.

Recentering.


Comments

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! I sure notice it when my normally healthy habits slip. One just does not get away with much as one ages. Sniffle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just the last 5. Last always being the easiest to shed. And sadly I put back 2 already. Back to being serious about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry