Spring is in the Air


Officially, Spring does not start until March 20th  this year, but the air feels different. And the clouds are no longer those of winter.


The last couple of nights did not even get to freezing and the days have been in the 40's melting the snow in the meadows. I was trying to divert the sudden spring running through my yard yesterday and the discovered the grass is already beginning to green up at the base. Rain is scheduled for today with snow for the next few. But spring snow. The heavy wet stuff quick to melt.

Before the rains begin I am going out with spray paint to mark where the stream exits the culvert and where it goes. The goal is to divert it for the main of the spring melt and when the monsoons come.

My inside garden efforts have gone well. I should have nice starts before the first of May. Now to not rush the garden season. Patience has never been my long suit. Hopefully the orchids will keep me entertained until I can plant my sunflower seeds. And deck time will increase as the spring sun warms it midday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry