Happy Vernal Equinox

Photo by J. Binford-Bell

We had the most delightful spring weather last week. Of course the calendar says it was still winter. And now that we are at last to the Vernal Equinox and the first day of spring it is snowing. Will snow much of this week.  Had to go to the long term forecast to get to a day of high 50's and all sunshine. The weekend will be wonderful they say.

I don't know why I am concerned that the seasons seem so off time. They often are here in the mountains of New Mexico. Not unusual to get a real dumper of a snow storm in April.

April 25, 2011

I am just so ready for spring. And rain. I want to hear rain on the roof and watch the grass outside my studio green up as I look. But I have more firewood to burn. I only ordered a cord this last fall because I wanted to work through all the old wood that seems to linger in the far back corner of the woodshed. Looks like I will do that. Then this fall I can begin again with three new cords.

I am not the only local resident having problems staying in today. My neighbor asked about my garden plans just yesterday. I do know I need to refresh the soil in my raised beds. And my last summer experiment of the squash against the studio wall was hardly worth the effort. Not enough hours of sun. But I am not hoping for spring so I can jump into gardening. I am hoping for spring so I can sit on my studio stoop and take in the sun. And load the fur kids into the car for long walks with the sun on our shoulders.

I am wishing for spring so I can get out with my camera and capture birds and flowers.

Photo by J. Binford-Bell

And enjoy lower electric bills. So I can pay for the higher gas bills filling up the car to take those trips to the lake's edge.

Photo by J. Binford-Bell

What are you looking forward to in the season to come? When the grass is truly greener, the days warmer, and the sun hangs around longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry