Some Days Nothing Makes Sense - DTJ

The Gardner and the Plumber

"I weep for you,' the Walrus said: 
      I deeply sympathize.' 
With sobs and tears he sorted out 
      Those of the largest size, 
Holding his pocket-handkerchief 
      Before his streaming eyes. 

"O Oysters,' said the Carpenter, 
      You've had a pleasant run! 
Shall we be trotting home again?' 
      But answer came there none — 
And this was scarcely odd, because 
      They'd eaten every one."

From the Walrus and Carpenter
By
Lewis Carroll

I was always a strange child, or so my mother maintained. I totally understood Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I memorized the Walrus and the Carpenter and The Jabberwocky when others were learning their ABC's. I always rather got the middle of the alphabet mixed up. 

And if I had to find a letter in the latter half I had to begin in the middle. So as we approach the end of DT's first 100 days I want to go back to day 50 and start again. Or back to day one.

"So the time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of shoes and ships and cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings." I was the elder child who could understand my sister's baby talk. I was the frequent translator for her. Mother asked once how I could make sense of her jabber. I told her I just didn't have expectations about it being English or making sense. I figured after reading the AP interview that might make sense with trying to understand the Trump. So I reread it. Nope, that doesn't help.

So back to the Walrus and the Carpenter that makes sense though the Walrus looks a lot like #45 the walrus. Do we look like oysters? And Ryan like the Carpenter?


Comments

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry