It's Complicated

Transition

A lot going on in my life since my last entry on this blog.  It is difficult when you are in the middle of a swamp to obtain the prospective to get yourself to solid ground. Especially if the solid ground is controlled by others or nature: things beyond your control.

One of those things in the midst of the swamp was losing my flip phone. The pockets on women's jeans and even the small flip phone did not fit together. This was not the first time I lost my emergency connection to the world but it was significant to the point I did not want to buy another cell phone to again lose. How much time had I wasted on looking for that black thing which once found I had to go looking for glasses to read the messages on it. And to make matters worse it happened when I was frustrated with my server not having a working-well-enough website.

So cutting to the chase my sister bought me a smart phone and put me on her service. I always argued I was not smart enough for a smart phone but it arrived in the middle of a snow storm which cut down end of the year garden work and so it was me and the Alien face to face. The good news is they are easier than they seem from watching people swiping at theirs to find something.

But they are rather like Barbie dolls. They require a lot of accessories. There are screen protectors. And then cases so to further protect the screen and turn them something other than black. Does the cellphone with case fit into your purse? Get a bigger purse. Or an even smaller one. Enter the cross body mini purse just big enough to hold the cell phone. Oh, and perhaps one debit and one credit card.

But I hate across the body purses. They make me feel like I am bound and gagged. I don't even carry my camera that way. Besides it seems so much like Mother. She was always telling me it was safer to carry my purse that way. It messes up your blouse and your pearls. I am an over one shoulder type of person. So in the spirit of Roman Toga clasps I want to design a pin which holds my cellphone phone strap to the top of one shoulder of my out-about-town jackets.

I have jeweler friends I need to talk to. I will need a wardrobe of such clasps.  But I would like to begin with a Never Trumper in silver.

Note: More later on the other issues now nearing completion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry