More Later On Other Issues



The title is the closing line of my last blog. And I confess I did not believe it was going to be this much later. Things just got in the way. That is excuse one. Excuse two is that nothing moved quite as fast as I thought it would. But I suppose that is better than faster than what you hoped.

A friend urged me a few months ago to go for a refinance of my house.  It came at a time when I was considering other changes in my path, no let's call it what is was, my rut. I was getting along with my rut.until a couple houses in the neighborhood sold and I realized I was not taking advantage of my assets.  So, nothing ventured; nothing gained.

There are things I want to do like turn the apartment into and AirB&B, add a shower to my half bath downstairs, stain the outside of my house, and take a vacation to Maine with my sister next August. So I took my friend's advice, and it lowered my payments and gave me some of my equity out to be able to do all of that. But it took so long that I have to wait until next spring to do some of it. But I could buy a new lens for my DSLR, and begin the new shower. I could do an overnight at Ojo or Pagosa Springs.

Don't worry I did not win the lottery. I am not going to quit my day job at Dog Gone Park or Binford-Bell Studio. But I am sleeping better. Less worried about the next hot water heater which needs replaced, or not getting the apartment rented. Once the holiday's are past I have a great list of improvements for my rental unit. I am frankly looking forward to them. Just recently I bought an antique expandable table for the kitchen. It needs refinishing but I think I want to paint it wildly and get four chairs which don't match and paint them too.

And then there is the coffee table . . . point of fact there are so many really creative ideas I want to execute I am now looking for people to do or assist in the more mundane enhancements like the laminated flooring.

Bottom line is the other issues have resulted in more opportunity for me. And isn't that what our days should be about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry