How Trump Has Changed Us Forever



Let me say right up front this is not a political blog. It is not about our position in the world or the roll back of environmental protections. Or even the destruction of our democracy.

This blog is how he has ruined us as humans.

1) It is now totally acceptable to be rude and racist and sexist.

I fought for year to not be called sweetie or dear or honey or have my butt patted. All that effort was for naught as I discovered in a 30 minute conversation with someone trying to sell me a car.

2) People no longer accept our right to our own opinions.

I have been told I have the wrong friends, that I am stupid, that we don't need respect for others or have the right to expect respect for ourselves.

3) Lying is acceptable and you have to only say it verbatim three times to have it be the truth.

I am walking away or hanging up at the middle of the second repetition.

4) When caught in a bald face lie you only have to lie about the lie. "It was a perfect transcript."

5) Only you and what you want matters.

As an introvert it will be very easy for me to transition to hermit. Seems preferable to living with the people who are following Trump and the GOP as role models.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry