TW3 - Easter

Easter Morning
All day Saturday it had threatened to rain. Drizzle I remember Mother calling that sort of weather. It has always reminded me of the January I spent in Laguna Beach, California. Never did rain but you got wet just the same. But Easter morning looked as if it was going to clear. The sun came out between the clouds and the grass began to green up as you watched. Perfect day to be out with the camera.


Even the deer seemed to want to pose. Course they are almost tame around here. Rather used to people with cameras for sure.


Top of Wheeler Peak, however, stayed cloaked in the clouds and by mid day the rain had begun in a more or less serious manner. Then by evening it began to snow. Even the elk looked rather wet. They made me shiver just to look at them.


On the road home the snow turned serious and at one time it was even a white out but so wet that it melted as soon as it hit the ground.


I love spring in the mountains. You have to be ready for just about anything. Never leave home without a coat, hat and gloves, regardless of the weather at that time.

It has been such a dry winter with a very windy spring so every drop of moisture is welcome be it rain or snow. And today there was not a breathe of wind which was wonderful. I think the weather could have spoiled the village Easter Egg hunt however. But it was a great day for photographs. Say goodnight, Gracie.

Comments

  1. Reading this, I can almost smell the mountain air. I have enlarged the photos and Magique looks positively commanding! Fabulous scenery and I love the way the deer just 'poses'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry