Acceptance


And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. The Big Book


Acceptance seems to be a strange subject as we are in the beginning of Mercury in Retrograde. But oddly enough last week had a lot of acceptance in it. And I once again saw the magic of it. Because until you accept things as they are you cannot even develop a game plan for dealing with it. You can waste a lot of energy denying a situation or trying to wish it away.

And you can miss a lot that is good by not letting go of what was. I was so into Astro Van withdrawal I really hadn't accepted the good of the Corolla. The price was right - I traded a painting for it. For a standard car it holds a lot of stuff especially with the fold down back seat. And it gets 39-40 mpg! When I proved that last through two tanks of gas I finally moved into it. But it persisted in my mind of being just a transition vehicle. But this trip to Albuquerque I accepted it would be in my life for at a year and so I went to an audio center for cars and bought a stereo/cd player for it. It only had a cassette player.

Course there I was in Albuquerque with a brand new cd player and no cd's so off to Wally world I went. Amazing how much better I can like a car with tunes!

Notice how everything new you get these days has a manual! My Alpine MP3/WMA/AAC CD Receiver has one several times bigger than my cellphone (basic and not smart). But then it also has a USB port like my computer. So now I am learning how to rip CD's in MP3 format to put on my computer and then on to a thumb drive for the car a go go, now named The Queen. The good news is when I get that done I will be one ahead for my future MP3 player. Already planning out mixing tunes in an album that has my top 50 or so favorites. My impatience would normally want it done now, but I am finding I am enjoying the journey.

That is the big plus in acceptance for me. If you are always wanting to be through or over that or on to the next thing you end up missing the journey and often options or forks or side trips you might have otherwise enjoyed. While ripping cd's this morning I cleaned the studio and rearranged a shelf unit in it. And enjoyed it! Me, the non-neat person.

So three days into Mercury in retrograde I am doing fine. Not accepting it does not make it go away. And there is another 20 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry