Who's The Fool?



A Tale of Three

A clown, a crone, a scribe
One seeking consent
another a coronation
the third a rewriting
of a dark future.

The Clown and the Crone
engage in battle royal
each creating
new ways to cheat
the Scribe counted coup.

The Clown laughed
as he stirred the pot
a witches brew
an evil stew
nothing new.

The Crone crowed
my turn, mine
texted hexes
denied accusations
as crones would do.

The Scribe smiled
pointing out the truth
a bird landed
on the speech
upon the podium.

The crowd was not appeased
they wanted blood
they cowered
when the Crone cackled
You must follow me.

To the cliff they went
The Clown flipping somersaults
The scribe numbling no, no, no
The Crone yelling
I am your savior.

Who's the fool?

J. Binford-Bell
July 2016

Comments

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry