Part II. - Sometimes You get Lucky



I am always just too busy for somethings. And sometimes that works in my favor. When I re-injured my left shoulder recently I heard the voice of my late husband who constantly nagged me about having surgery. It did not matter that the surgeon said it possibly only make matters worse. And as I stated physical therapy did help a lot.

I live in a community of very active individuals who hike and ski and snowboard and mountain climb. The also have knees replaced, ACL's surgically repaired, hip replacements, rotatory cuff repair. One of those friends was just released out of the fancy brace he has been wearing for almost two months following his shoulder repair. He is not very satisfied. In fact, he is wishing he didn't have it done.

So I googled. And it seems in regard to shoulders of seniors there are many more doctors who prefer physical therapy over surgical alternatives. I was at the cusp of changing attitudes as regards spinal surgery. My cousin had three surgeries on her cervical spine. I had a neurosurgeon who opted for other solutions.

I don't like knives and I don't mind PT. Already my shoulder seems better than my friend's. He doesn't like PT. Doesn't believe in no pain/no gain. Besides I am too busy for 6 weeks in a very awkward brace. I can always work in a few weights and lifts throughout the day.

Comments

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry