Some Days There are Rainbows

Double Rainbow in Valley of the Little Coyotes

Some days are diamonds, some days are stones
Sometimes the hard times won't live me alone
Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones
Some days are diamonds, some days are stones

John Denver


My musical choices are very eclectic. Mother liked classical. Dad was a jazz man. I came of age in the time of rock and roll. And boy could I dance. In the Blue Ridge mountains I was introduced to folk music. I learned to dance to the music of all countries. But I fell in love early with what I call the lonely poets; Simon and Garfunkel, Carol King, Don McLean, Joan Baez, and yes, even John Denver. I first heard Country Roads at a county fair in Elkins, West Virginia. He and I both moved back to the Rocky Mountains the same year. 

I remember the words to all songs almost instantly. And I know where I was when I first heard that song. My jump drive in my pickup is loaded with everything from Adele to Kitaro to Nickelback. The drive to Albuquerque to pick up my sister will be a trip through the tunes of my life and an escape from the reality that is the USA today. A great way to begin a few days away from my routines.

And isn't that what a vacation is suppose to be?


Comments

  1. This made me smile. I have asked for the ability to dance in my next incarnation. Have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry