Derailed in Blogland

I think it was Friday that Yahoo! announced that the dreaded transition to another blog platform for Y!360 was at last going to take place. My first blog experience will close on July 13th. We knew this was going to happen for more than a year now so it should not have been a surprise. It is just that it took a lot longer for the train to arrive at the station than expected and we were all sleeping on the benches as it were.

But the first stages of transfer of blogs to this new platform - Yahoo Profiles - seemed to have gone quite seamlessly. In fact the last couple of days have been a bit of a party with exiles that went to other blogs returning home to say hi and find out what was going on. So that was not the train wreck.

The derailment is that I have been spending so much time on Profiles and updating my uploads to my FlickR account that I have seriously neglected my blogs here. And I had this grand idea of uploading all my old 360 blogs to Chats with Charley II blog that I set up for that expressed purpose only to find that Google and Blogspot are not set up to take the content I have in a zip file now. But WordPress can. But do I want to endear myself to yet another blog platform?

I quite obviously have enough blogs around to entertain me. And cheer me up. My previous post here was definitely depressing. Not one of my better days as it were. I think it was basically a hangover from the flu I had for almost a month. Yesterday I actually woke up with energy. Okay I napped in the afternoon, but I accomplished so much before then. Including dealing this this whole blogland derailment.

Best laid track and all.

Comments

  1. Hi Jacqui,

    I've been messing around with the new Yahoo platform myself. It reminds me a bit of Facebook.

    I enjoy changing the look of my blog....colors, backgrounds, etc. So far, I've not seen that the new platform allows this.

    You've not been feeling well for a month? You sure its the flu? If you haven't already, I hope you'll consider seeing a doctor.

    Have a splendid Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is some Facebook influence in there. And somewhere I read that they are going to be adding tweaks like "decorating options" and hopefully spell check and ability to put in more photos.

    For now they probably have their hands full getting everyone moved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry