Goodwill to nobody?



It is that time of year again. I swear the absolute worst comes out in everyone. Maybe it is all the expectations of peace and love and goodwill. Or that we look back at all the times we have prayed for peace and it has never been delivered. And there seems no hope that it will.

Read some where that out of the entire history of the United States we have only been not at war 35 years. Not any of my 35 years. In fact I no longer can say Vietnam is my war like WWII was Dad's. There has been Korea which Dad and I shared and then Iraq one and Iraq two and Afghanistan. Peace on earth is just a laugh.

And unless you can put it in a computer program and sell it as an app for your smart phone there is no good will to man or woman either. Angry Birds sort of says it all.

But the sun keeps moving on through its cycles and this morning brought the Winter Solstice (Summer Solstice for my southern friends). The days will be growing a bit lighter every day and that is good. And that Wiki says it is not the first day of winter but Midwinter is also very good. I always thought after suffering the cold of November and 21 days of December it was very depressing to think winter was just beginning.

I do wish my fellow humans good will if for no other reason than I would hope they would share some of that with others and our fur kids and other creatures upon this planet. But then we are back to those wishes that never seem to come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry