Early Morning Walk About

2nd Street

I seldom, if ever, go anywhere without my camera. You just never know when you will have the opportunity of a great picture of need something to occupy your time. Yes, there is Angry Birds on tablets but they seldom bring me the peace of a walk about on empty streets in the early morning light.

On this particular morning in Trinidad, Colorado, a resident apologized for the cloudy skies. I replied that I much preferred them. Something I learned in Photography 101 at UNM. It takes the harsh shadows out of the equation.

Balustrade of Light

Defused light defines and gives depth. It allows a focus on form. Strong shadows flatten.

Court House
Early morning with a cloudy sky also makes for great reflections in glass. And no glare to have to consider. Or over exposed areas during post processing. 


Second Story


Available

Ad Space

I love the details in photographs I take on a cloudy day. And I love the peace of walking about with nobody else much on the streets.

Me and my camera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry