One Summer Morning



I love summer mornings here in the high country. There is a freshness about the air and a lushness about the landscape. It makes the long winter and the snows of May worth it for both the photographer and the animals.

Cows and calves

I have photographed large herds of elk before but not with little calves. They still have their spots. And the matriarch of the herd was keeping careful watch.



Even though I was only armed with a camera they all figured they were safest in the trees.

Blending in

But they were not going to go too far way from all that lush grass and the pond.

Watching

Fortunately the goose family was totally unconcerned by my presence and gave me something else to aim my camera at.


Life in the high country of New Mexico.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry