Not a Social Network Butterfly



I get my news from the internet. No, not Facebook, but Youtube and sites for MSNBC and CBS. I do not have access to television via airwaves. And have not had subscription television since the six feet snow of 2006 when Dish and I came to a major parting of our ways. I refused to pay for the two weeks when I did not have access. They refused to give me credit, which launched a debate on me paying for 11 channels of religious channels ($1 per channel) which I saw as a suppression of my freedom of religion or not religion.

But I have become very good at finding the sources of news and even entertainment I do not have to pay for though sometimes I have to wait overnight to view. And I love Youtube and Google.

So once longed on I frequently, right after Rachael Maddow, open my Facebook window to check up on my few close friends there, and update my Binford-Bell Studio fanpage with the newest photograph of the day. I also have a couple secret groups I belong to there. Have have several long term friends I check up on. But I play no games, only occasionally get enticed into quizzes, and carry on in depth conversations on Personal Messenger but just with my closer friends.

I see Facebook as a tool. I see the internet as a news source, Google as a reference library, and YouTube as an education opportunity. But I bore very, very easily bored. Language should move us forward, not mire us in anger and hopelessness. So beyond what I list I see no value in social media.

Make it march is probably my motto. Unless you are moving the conversation forward why bother. And if I hear about thoughts and prayers once more time I will probably barf.

Comments

  1. That is quite similar to what I do. The dish went as soon as the husband did, saving $100 per month. Still spending too much time on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry