Chaos Reigns

A very noisy sky

I arrived home yesterday to total and absolute chaos into which I had to unload the car and create even more chaos. I had spent two days in Taos doing art demo at CFT Decor and Gifts which carries some of my smaller works in painting and photography. It was fun but such endeavors always take more stuff than you thought it would. And it takes away from the projects left at home.

As I tried to find places to put down that which went out two days ago my first reaction is to wonder who had been in my house and studio messing with stuff.

Just me.

I went looking for the book of lists hoping it would help me center on what needed to be done. It was under the gardening journal. Clearly, however, I need another list. Well, two. Projects to Complete and Continuing Projects.

I am not a person who can sit by idly and wait for paint to dry. Too often I start another painting or beading or gardening project. I have currently eight items on the Projects to Complete list. And six on the Continuing Projects list. And if I am to be totally honest there should be a list of Projects to Begin. If there was an adult in the room she would be telling me to not begin any of those projects until I have completed some on one or both of the other two lists.

There is clearly no adulting going on here. Which is why the studio (and the kitchen) are in total chaos after not spending any time here over the last two days. And why every available in the both rooms (and the living room) is totally covered with one project or another or the spill over of all projects.

And why a slow leak in a tire on my pickup throws me into total panic. I don't need something else which has to be handled!

When I worked with an international construction firm we joked that notice of death was required at least 30 days in advance. 

St. Peter don'cha call, 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store.*

Or in my case I have these lists to complete. I am busy.


*Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry