Another Birthday Soon



Growing up in Albuquerque I came to expect roses for my birthday as Mother's rose garden was usually in full bloom. I loved a yellow one in particular. This year in the high country I will be lucky if it doesn't snow.

Still the lettuce in my green house is good. The hollyhocks bit the dust and the poppies are not coming back up. The winter was just too cold and wet. But the sunflower seeds are planted and if BoBear does not get through my security measures and dig up the flower beds there will be something blooming this summer - later this summer.

There always seems to be changes around my birthday. This year it is an empty rental unit. But the tenant is leaving me a queen sized bed, a white leather couch, and a small kitchen table. The beginnings of a guest house for visiting friends, or if the world continues along the same bath, fleeing friends. With Dog Gone Park providing income I think I can do without the rent. I have before. And if art sales pick up I can do improvements to turn it into an occasional rental.

Going to offer it to artist friends for workshops and lessons at a very reasonable rate. And maybe even use the backyard for boarding small dogs. I hope my plans and dreams come together. Or the perfect renter. 

There seems to be so much turmoil in my life and the world these days so firm plans seem rather impossible. Trying to go with the flow and stay open to possibility.

Comments

  1. Staying open seems to be the only way. Too bad I am not a driver or I’d love to come visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry