TWTWTWIX


And I will not confess that this new weighing technique in is how I did it but I have now lost eight pounds. I know just one silly pound since I last reported diet success.  There is always a plateau challenge as I have come to call them. And admittedly it is often where I give up. How many of us can say we have lost a 100 pounds? It is just the same 5 pounds over and over and over again.

I think this plateau was almost because of my exercise program. I was gaining muscle and losing flab. That's my story and I am sticking by it. I also have got my metabolism on over drive currently and unfortunately that makes me hungrier. And being rather depressed this last couple of weeks has made me accept invitations to dine out with friends.

Before anyone even suggests it know that happy pills make me suicidal. Believe it or not better things for better living through chemistry does not work for everyone. Endorphins from exercise and getting my broad spectrum rays from the sun (sitting in the outside spa as reward for exercise) does work. But happiness can be an uphill battle at times. This week, like last, the road block on that road has continued to be computer issues. And a community issue that has extremely threatened a group I am deeply committed to. There have not been rosy outcomes for either but I have my 1GB of RAM back on the desktop (or at least I hope so when I finally hook it back up today).

And painting in the studio for the Rio Grande Holiday show I set up for on the 24th is going better. I may also make my weight goal of just two more pounds lost before then. Debbie, my sister, has her beloved jeep back. Our winter emergency kits are now installed in her jeep and my van. And the forecast is for a drier and warmer winter than normal (sorry, skiers but I am ecstatic about this). And I am loving my much wished for LCD flat screen TV. Though there have been moments this week I wanted the money back so I could buy a new computer. But that is a new goal I am aiming and saving for.

I have changed my mantra this week from one day at a time to sometimes one hour at a time. Oh, please let me make it through the next minute. Whatever it takes.

Comments

  1. You will make it.

    Sod the plateau - dinner out with friends is much more appealing and more satisfying plus what you need at the moment. You don't need to be watching every morsel that passes your lips when in this frame of mind - it can make things worse.

    St john's Wort any good???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry