April is the cruelest month

April 3, 2012

April showers bring May flowers, the old saying goes. Obviously that did not originate in the mountain west. My memory of last April was snow and more snow so I went tripping back to my photo files. It began to snow on April 2nd and did not clear until after April 4th. And it was not one of those cute little spring snows that dropped an inch or two and then melted off.


April 3rd, 2012

So this morning when I looked at the NOAA weather report and saw snowflakes from tomorrow through Thursday it felt like deju vu all over again. The bad news is I have taken off my snow tires, washed my down coat so it can be put in the winter closet and have begun to prepare the raised beds so I can put the tunnel up after planting some cool weather seeds. Even put in some onion sets yesterday. And all day I moved the hose around to water bushes and trees. Did you know more trees die in April due to lack of moisture than are killed off due to winter freezes?

Easter, March 31, 2013

I want spring. Unfortunately in the high country spring can be snow. And it has been a dry enough winter I cannot really complain about any added moisture in any form. But Bummer.

April 4th, 2012

But please not 18 inches again. Or make the snow line just 250 feet above me. I will not bitch and moan about rain. I promise.

Comments

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry