Just Keep On Keeping On

Entry to the Binford-Bell Studio

Last night when I climbed the stairs to go to bed every muscle in my body was weary, my shoulder hurt, my back ached, and I was totally aware of everything which had not been done yet for the Angel Fire Studio Tour this weekend.

Some things I knew I was going to do this morning at the last opportunity like make the Snickerdoodles. And some things I had decided just didn't need to be done. And too long of a list of I cannot do this also remained. I am not one to admit I cannot do things, but I was too exhausted and too wounded to do them. 

I have made it this far after my ski accident in 2001 by adopting the Adaptive Skiing model of "Argue for your limitations and they are yours." And concentrating on progress and not perfection. Not easy for a perfectionist energizer bunny who was always rewarded for doing. While I focus most on the CBT of that accident I also compressed three discs in my neck, damaged my shoulder in a complex manner, and wound up with fibro which frequently follows a severe accident. Mostly I forget all that. "Argue for your limitations and they are yours." 

But recently I forgot it too much and reinjured my shoulder. Fine. I will get this handled. Which brings up my major character flaw: impatience. Had nobody else been displaying in my studio I would have just locked the doors and crawled under the blankets and cried myself to sleep last night. Okay, probably not. I am a big one for keeping my word. So here I am this morning and the Snickerdoodles are not baked yet. But they are chilling. And the aroma of them baking will be quite welcoming I argue.

And little by little this morning I got a lot of things done concentrating on the most obvious and trying to ignore the rest. Soon my two partners in this event will arrive and I can sneak upstairs and change out of my flour covered scrubs. Hopefully nobody sees the imperfections.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry