Still Runs with Scissors


One corner of the studio with beaded jewelry
and the new standing panel paintings.

As most of my frequent readers know I have been busy cleaning up for the second annual Angel Fire Studio Tour. And of course I was not going to take the easy way out would have been a simple done and dusted. Fall is my usual time for a thorough cleaning and rearrange of my living space. And I confess I live mostly in my studio. With winter approaching it is a good time to make all ship shape while taking inventory of what might be needed to entertain myself if snowed in for a week like in 2006.

Happily the studio tour occurs just when I am doing the fall dust off. Fall is also when my sister and I try to snatch a few days by ourselves and this year it was at the Kamaja Resort on the Rio Grande River.

And just before that event I slammed the door of my pickup the wrong way, and activated an old injury of my left shoulder. My theory was a few days in hot tubs and pools at the resort would solve the problem. Wrong. And it also didn't get everything I wanted done while I was soaking.

I bought a shoulder brace and abbreviated my schedule. But I still run with scissors. That is the old school term for hyperactive attention deficit disorder. In short, I cannot or do not sit it out for long. And deadlines don't move just because you cannot. Besides it wasn't just for me the studio had to be rearranged. I was sharing the space with two artist friends.


Studio Entrance

And one of my big projects for fall was the double gate entry for my dog camp. And to make matters more complicated my usual handyman went back to habit of not showing up when scheduled. As a result I had to do more of the weedwacking than I like. And my shoulder doesn't like that at all.


Computer center cleaned up

Then, of course, there was the new work to be completed before the show. And that a studio tour usually includes the living room and deck too. The good news is when it is all over I can lie on the couch with the heating pad and try to make the shoulder all better.

New Venue of Ravens on the left.

I could stop now. But will I? I have today and Friday to buff and fluff and cook Snickerdoodles and green chili stew. Judy is bringing her awesome brownies and Carol is doing a selection of pastries. To give me some time to rest my shoulder I scheduled a dental appointment an hour away. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry