Road to Recovery?



Desktop is back in its place.  Thicke is thrilled. He sees morning time at my computer as his. He has his box beside me. And he has a library table and computer desk and my lap to run across. And the desktop is a center of my chargers for all my electronics. It is where I keep my coffee mug warmer, my calendar, etc.

So while it feels I have come back home not all is right in my snug little center. The computer seems to have a video card issue still. I still have my cold though it is getting better. And it seems Facebook has crashed this morning.

I am at last aware of all the horrid things which happened in the USA and I cannot post my outrage to Facebook. I cannot call Drumpf a deranged autocrat! on my tablet or laptop or desktop. I cannot demand impeachment for the sake of the American people. We need to go on the record about our abhorrence of what this dictator is doing with the blessing of Mitch McConnell and the GOP minions. Was being disconnected from all the drip drip drip of the crimes of the president enlightening? From the distance my cold created am I able to see how far we had dropped in just a few days?

Are we so comfortable in our morning routines within our little corner of the world connected only through the internet that we do not see the horrible place we  have arrived at?

I had the luck to be on a pilot check out flight in a Leer Jet some decades ago. We did touch and go's at the Jackson, Wyoming airport with 2 G take offs. And we landed at Sun Valley. The little airport surrounded by mountains had all sorts of crazy wind currents and the Leer bounced and twisted like a carnival ride. I closed my eyes. They opened them thinking if this was to be my last seconds on earth I wanted to be aware of it all. Every second.

If this is the last moments of what was the world's first daring democracy I want to be able to record it somewhere. For someone else who may come along. Did Anne Frank think that way when she wrote in her journal in the dark of the attic she hid in?

Do not get too comfortable. This is just the beginning of a very bumpy ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry