Where There is a Will, There Must be a Way



Some years back Microsoft made a mistake and came up with an operating system nobody liked. In a couple years they realized their mistake and came up with something better. I was sure the same would happen with Windows 10 but no. At the very least before they stopped supporting Windows 7, I expected a professional version of 10 but that is also a no.

So it looks as if I may be stuck with IT, the clown in the sewer of the Stephen King book, so I am now looking at work arounds of its major limitations. Do not send me to Microsoft Help because they are no help. They consider their new operating system flawless. Course, if that was the case, why all the endless updates? 

Within hours of the second updating of IT a friend told me here basic complaints were the updates and file organization. Specifically how it handles photo files. I totally agree. They never seem to be where I left them. And then they also decided to rename things. What on my Windows 7 computer is folders is on IT Albums. Which would be fine if when I opened Photos Albums was right there at the top (or bottom, I will accept bottom) of the list of photos which are BTW Collections. Pass the plate, honey, the minister is taking up a collection.

You can, I have been told, by a YouTube video, drag and drop a photo from collections to an Album. But the screens don't seem to make this easy. You can copy and then paste, then go back and delete. But you have to do that on the menu bar and not with the standard short cuts of Ctl C, Ctl V or Ctl X.

So if I am not going to be able to organize my photographs in nice folders (opps albums) on IT can I just save all photos to an external hard drive and organize them there? Will an external hard drive plugged into IT behave itself or will it default to IT's rules?

I am too old for this. I don't want to go back to a Windows 10 course for beginners? Is there a cliff notes version?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry