Sometimes You Get Lucky


Some days the cards are falling your way. Some days they are not. Things have been rather dark lately and at times I was not even sure I should dare to hope for a change of my luck. But from the beginning of 2010 there seemed some glimmers of a possible change of luck. Small in the beginning - like I made it through the winter with bills paid. And then DSL fiber optic lines arrived at the top of the hill and I could drop the expensive satellite (and troublesome).

Then I landed the commission for a painting. Not money in my pocket but on the horizon. And then the special order for the koi mask. But so I would not get cocky everything did not move that smoothly or rapidly on either of those. And expenses I had not considered seemed to balance the unexpected income. My prospects had been dismal for so long I was finding it difficult to appreciate what was happening.

Taxes loomed. I nervously accumulated all the receipts and tax documents. A couple years ago I had to pay an unbelievable sum to the IRS so I don't do taxes joyfully. And I was relating that to a friend when she said I might be able to go back and file an amended return for that year. I mentioned it to my CPA and YES! Not getting all I paid in back but a nice chunk. Still Dad always said to never count your winnings before you left the table. But when that check arrives I will at last get the LCD TV I want. And the rest will go into savings.

If nothing else the events of the last couple of months has led me to feel a bit luckier. Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes the bug. Feeling a lot less like the bug. Let's hope that bodes well for the judicial ruling on the court case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry