Accessories for the Willow Manor Ball

The mask is the biggest accessory for the ball but of course I have to have shoes even if my long gown will cover most of them up. I find as I age it is more an more about support for my high aches and balance. I like these because they had a sort of vintage look while providing a lot of support for the ball and arch of my foot. Not going to slip slide out of these. But they are a bit tall. The ones below are more sporty and shorter and will be perfect for wearing with my black jeans and silk blouse when traveling.



I have my big black Epiphany camera bag but I obviously will want an evening purse. I hate the ones I have to hold on to. I want my hands free for the buffet and dancing and taking pictures. I have the bag below that I take routinely to art openings and receptions.


Which leaves jewelry. Jewelry with feathered masks is an issue I have found. You do not want a lot of prongs that will snag on the feathers. So I was looking for something with a smooth surface around the neck. And a clasp that will not snag. But I wanted it bold enough to not be ignored. This vintage ruby and pearl  necklace is perfect. The clasp is in front and the center pear shaped stone is magnificent  I doubt, however, I will wear the earrings with the necklace. I have an antique set of ruby stud earrings I will wear instead. Besides sets make you look cheaper. Coordination is the key to jewelry.


Bracelets and rings are even more problematic when dealing with masks and cameras. But with all that bare arm in all my final possible picks for a gown I definitely want something on my left wrist. I chose a queens chain bracelet by one of my favorite jewelers Jessica Duke. Instead of the heart she is putting a ruby cab on the tab. I already have a very beautiful ring by Steve Kriechbaum I plan to wear


Now I just have to decide on which of the gowns I have been looking at I will choose. Time is getting short so I best make up my mind. Obviously with all the jewelry bringing in red I have definitely decided on the Harlequin coat.

Comments

  1. All your accessories are wonderful. I love all of them. The jewels are stunning. I have an evening bag very similar to yours. Of course you know me and shoes! I love those heels.

    You're not going to believe this - I haven't started! It's going to be a long night! And gmail was giving trouble all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this masked ball sounds marvelous. I wish I was going. I am loving your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaynawings, you still can. You have until midnight tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these shoes!!! And suede too!! My favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry