Sometimes you have to go with the flow


I gave up on trying to get responses from unresponsive people this morning. Literally said, "The hell with you." You referring to a couple people and two government agencies.  I closeted myself in my studio and began the pouring of skies on eight new paintings. This is absolutely the worst time to be interrupted, but interrupted I was. Suddenly everyone seemed to know I was upset with them and decided to call and remedy the stagnant situation they were involved in with me.

I am reminded of a phrase: Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. And once I accepted that nobody else was marching to my drummer and was totally happy with moving on and leaving them behind the beat picked up and they joined the parade. All but one. Still have not heard from Expo New Mexico Fine Arts Exhibit though I have found an application should I want to enter a cow in the Expo New Mexico Agricultural department. Should I deduce that farmers are more computer literate than artists?

Nor do I have an answer to my e-mail about a triptych being one entry or three for another art show. But as Dad always said, "Don't sweat the small stuff."

Currently have seven of eight skies done. My parade is moving along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry