Monday Morning Chat Over Coffee - And the winner is . . .


Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
I like the Oscars for two things: The best and Worst on the Red Carpet, and a list of films to add to my NetFlix Queue. So with the internet there is no longer a reason to watch the impossibly long homage to the movie media. I just get all my information from the Internet - including best and worst moments thanks to YouTube.

Pixars UP - Best Animated Feature

So here I sit with my short list of films that had merit as far as the Academy. And my list. Frankly, I don't think I am going to see The Hurt Locker. It looks like merely viewing it might hurt. I have a very strong sense of empathy. And I have my doubts about being able to identify with Precious.

Julie and Julia is already on my NetFlix queue and next up to be mailed to me. Up in the Air is definitely going on the list. And I must admit it is there because of George Clooney. And Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is on my list because of Jake Gyllenhaal and costumes. I guess I am turning into a dirty old woman in my dotage. But my love of costume flicks is never ending. And I am really thrilled with the direction animation is taking so Up is up on the list.

But life is not all movies. I am rather shocked at how fast March is speeding along. I have to get busy on tax preparation. And the court date for the lawsuit is only 11 days away. Weather will be awful today so I think home and in the studio is a good place to be working on the taxes, triptych, Netflix queue, and backing up the desktop. It has been an age since I did that, and I got a fan failure message this morning: Press F2 to prevent system failure. Which leads me to wonder if the computer nerds work for horror flicks too. BTW there does not seem to have been any really good horror films on the A list lately.

Comments

  1. I sat through it even though I fully expected both Bridges and Bullock to win.
    I thought that last night there was a hint of 'old Hollywood' which I found refreshing. No scrappy gowns and ladies actually looked like ladies and then men looked like men. There was a definite air of glamour which I think has been lacking over the years. And Hollywood ... See Moreon a night such as last night, is about glamour. As Meryl Streep said it was nice to see her friends dressed up as opposed to looking messy (paraphrase).
    I think Precious is going to be difficult to watch as is The Hurt Locker. Don't have much interest in Avatar although I'm told it's a must see. I may eventually see Sandra Bullock after all the hype. Don't really fancy Up in the Air - maybe it has something to do with the fact that I didn't think Clooney was very gracious when Martin and Baldwin were having a gentle dig at all the nominees. Streep threw her head back and roared when she came in for some stick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry