No Down Time

All this last week I have been holding on thinking this week before me was going to be "down time." I would have at least a week to relax and muster my mental forces before preparation for the next fair. But this next week includes two dental appointments and two pet sitting gigs in the opening half.

Being busy does not get you past the issues you must deal with. It just delays them all.

I used to have a cat that loved it when I laid out a pattern on cloth in preparation for sewing. At the time I had no large cutting table so I laid the folding board on the floor and got down on my hands and knees to pin. Riley bided his time. Then from a far corner of the efficiency apartment took a run and leap and slid all my carefully laid out fabric and pattern into a huge rippling heap at the far end of the board. My life is looking like that at the moment. And if I don't deal with it soon it will only get worse.

But what I really want to do is just sit down in a corner of my studio (before I plunge it into chaos again by unloading all the art in the van) and have a cup of tea.

Comments

  1. Ms Award Winner, you deserve as many cups of tea as you need.
    This first fair of the season bodes well for all the following ones with
    sales forthcoming, besides all the new commissioned pieces you'll be painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry