What is Time Three


 

And bottom line does it matter? Found the camera cleaning kit behind my computer screen. I bought it months ago. And forgot about it until my camera did not want to focus on my trip to the short grass prairie. Sometimes it did. Sometimes it didn't. Finally figured it was the connection rings. Translation: it needs to be cleaned.

But I have too much to do in too little time to take time to do something which requires more time. There are things you can do in a rush and things you really cannot without ruining them. Haste makes waste. When I drove down to Espanola to buy the washer and dryer for the vacation rental I spotted the two cheapest but of a good brand right off. I should have looked around for a better dryer for me. I knew the one I owned was on limited time. I got it used. It has been fixed once. But I had not wanted to spend the time to drive to Espanola and once there did not want to spend more time or more money.

Now my dryer definitely needs replaced. The sound it made when it quit seemed terminal. And I have a clothes line, and a place in my hall where I can hang things to dry. There are other things I can do with my time - like clean my camera. Or get the upstairs closet doors hung in the vacation rental. Or replace my radio in the Explorer. Is there ever enough time for everything I want to do. Or need to do.

And what if someone put a finite end to it all. Say three weeks or three months. If you knew when time was going to run out like on your birthday this year. Would you use your time - that left to you - differently?

If Caesar had taken the soothsayer's warning seriously would he have skipped his appearance at the Senate that Ides of March? And if he did skip it what would he have occupied his time with? Would it change in ten minutes?

Right now this minute looking at the flawed photograph at the top I want to make time to clean my camera. But now is not the time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry