Stay Safe

 


This was where I last felt safe! I cannot go back there now because the Fire Crews are trying to make it safe again. I do not know if it ever can be safe again. But it could be home again? Can it?

I joined a group for evacuees and that is a question I want to ask but they are all still so very angry and have already hired lawyers and are screaming money. I do not think money can make me feel safe. And I know for a fact anger cannot do it. Not ever. Anger takes away your well being. Sitting at this table surrounded by my art would make me feel home. 

This morning in my home away from home  am trying to make Thicke feel comfortable by typing a blog where he is safe but not at home. Part of me wants to go to the kitchen of Carol's house and make coffee, and sit with my friends here but that would leave Thicke alone. Divided,

It is all so fractured. My home in Black Lake where soon the sun will rise and dawn will  rise, here in Carol's studio where Thicke has settled on a couple hiding places, the great room of Carol's house were friends are with coffee, or here at this desk where I try to make new routines which will make me feel at home, and Thicke at home?

One of those people on that FaceBook group to make us evacuees feel as if we belong, or form a class action group to sue. Initial ask was 10,000 a month for every month we are out of our homes. THEY started it. The forest service and their safe burns. But not totally. It is four or five fires. And a ranch owner started one. The boy scouts is at fault for another, and the oil companies indirectly for climate change, and our greedy population  who must have their creature comforts basically not innocent.

And just what does stay safe mean anyway? As the safe part of the population was blessing us evacuees as we walked their streets the smoke of that civilization rose behind us. And they wanted us to blend in and forget what we lost. And Stay Safe. While they tried to knock down the fire restrictions so they could have fireworks on the 4th of July.

Stay safe my ass. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry