Turn It Off

Ute Park Fire Burn Scar

October will be my turn it off month. I am so tired of the "background noise" of our political battles. It is killing my creativity and sapping my energy. I feel this way every Monday after the Sunday news programs.  And must admit it is good I learned to moderate my temper pr there would be a lot of smashed electronics. The world on Sundays seems reduced to sound bites and talking points and devoid of any reasoned debate or discussion. This Sunday Kelly Ann Conway seemed the most reasoned. Really! We have come to this.

So absolutely NO Sunday talk shows for the month of October. The rest of the week I will watch only Rachael Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell. They talk to their audience and give context. I will read all the rest of my news. I already know how I will vote this November. All the rest is just noise which keeps us plugged in, fearful, and confused.

I no longer believe we will recover from this. I no longer believe in the government of the USA. The Supreme Court is just a puppet and has been since their decision in 2000 so why do I care. I believe even the news is designed to keep our PTSD activated. They have raised the decibel level on broadcasts. I choose to spend my days in peace and oblivion so I can focus on beauty and art. 

Comments

  1. Smart move. Though if you read the news, or what passes for it, avoid the comment section.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry