Sometimes You Get Lucky



Lucky, as defined by me, is being in the right place with the right light to take the perfect photograph. So when a friend last summer suggested I try to refinance my house I didn't figure I had a chance in hell. But I got lucky and the refi went through.

And for more than I wanted for the few repairs I wanted to I did not consider luck. Then came the broken transmission on my truck. That is my usual luck. Have money and something breaks to spend it on. As the Covid-19 entered our news I was deeply involved in finding a new to me used car. I had money after all. And as the crisis was wrapping up I was registering my 2003 Ford Explorer and getting insurance on it and showing it off to a friend or too. I really thought the new truck was quite lucky.

Now the DMV office in town is closed. I got the Explorer within my budget so I got my 1942 Case Tractor lawn ornament too. A great landmark for my studio and businesses and the soon to be AirB&B. But now with social distancing and all the shut downs in the area like any of that is going to happen. Cannot even get anyone to lay the laminate flooring.

Time and money Dad used to say. Cannot ever have both at once and now I cannot get anything done even with both because of social distancing. Unless I do it myself. So garden prep is a must. Then paint purchase so I can at least paint the walls in the apartment. Nice to have the money and the time.

It just caught me all by surprise. And now they are considering self-quarantine. I have already began isolating myself, because of spring break, around the 1st of March. So four to six more weeks sounds absolutely awful!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

I write for me but I care what my readers think. Please be polite and no scamming.

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry