A Matter of Perspective


 

This was the photo of the day. She had the pose just right. So did Mother nature. Even the fog which softened the light worked to my advantage. But I did not set out to take this photo. I set out with my trusty Nikon to find something worthy to record. And was once again thrilled we are no longer in the era of film and each photo I take will cost me money.




This was when I first saw her deep in the rain blessed grass and multiplicity of New Mexico wildflowers. It was the wildflowers I had come to record. Or maybe the camera was just an excuse to forest bathe. My justification for wasting time not attending to that list of to do's back home. And why was she out alone? If it was June I would saw to find a quiet place to have her fawn. But it is August. Lately, however, it seems they are getting it wrong.

But so have I. I have been lured away from why I take photos. Too many friends recording and reporting their travels or taking selfies of them on their travels. Stuck at home I have fallen into recording and reporting my flowers. It has been a banner year for flowers. And progress on the vacation rental remodel. Or my latest fabric creation. The cellphone is great for all that. Instant transfer to social media platform. But then it seems to jail them off in places where I cannot easily find them. So why the camera? As my friends point out it is heavy, comes with extra baggage I do not always use, and requires a photo manipulation program. To the latter I say not always. Not if you earned to frame your photos and make judgements before you click the shutter. Film skills learned.

But the DSLR takes a horrid selfie. Often the baggage stays in the car. The extra lens and filters. Spare batteries and scan discs. Things I might need. But didn't need today. I just wanted to take the camera for a walk. I went someplace close where I know I might get some good views. A great reflection or two.



Mother Nature doing her thing with clouds and light.




And there is often flowers. On this day yellow was dominant. 



And the backgrounds green.




Would I take my camera to Paris. Yes but it might stay in the hotel room. Coming out for just the right light. Not the tourist spots. A bigger question would be would I go to Paris. A few decades ago yes but it is too crowded now. And most everything which I want to photograph is here.


The awesome western light. The trees. And that doe in the deep grass.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry