So Missing You -- Step one

Mug Rugs

 

I have been putting off buying more fabric. It is something which my sister and I have done together since the pandemic began. She in Texas and me in New Mexico. Both of us on cell phones and our own favorite on line fabric stores. It all began with masks. And scrub caps for her and the nurses she worked with.

We quickly found we were addicted to fabric. And addicted to shopping for fabric together. It was like going on four-wheel trips together. So then we had to come up with more things for me to sew up for her and her friends. Then my friends. Before I knew it Wild Goose Witchery was a business.


Pandemic six pocket tote


I enjoyed mixing fabrics as much as I enjoy mixing paints on canvas. But nothing was as much fun as our shopping trips. The two of us on our computers with our cell phones sending pictures of fabrics we found back and forth on messenger. She filling her shopping cart at Fabric.com and me filling my cart at My Favorite Quilt Store. Or Amazon. One of the last things she bought me was $650.00 of material. And a new sewing machine. Mine was just a year old. But it had been road hard and put away wet as the saying goes. 

Today as I was going through the boxes and the drawers of fabric I realized my choices were getting low. Time to go shopping. It wasn't quite as much fun as with my sister. And instead of breaking down in laughter I cried. I closed the cart when I could not see clearly through the tears. A week before it gets here.

I suppose it will be different. Nobody to cheer with when I get a jackpot of extra yardage because it is a bolt end. Nobody to come up with the perfect combo with so I can sew her another bag or sun hat. She won't be around to share how the studio chairs look when I finally upholster them with the fabric we bought on line. Nobody to email me the perfect bag to make. 


Ice Cream Cozies

But I did assemble on my cutting table six different fabrics for Bowl Cozies. And I have a new combo for another six pocket tote. And two more ideas of things to make when the new fabric arrives. I will probably have stopped breaking down in tears by then.


Bowl Cozies


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming

The Pruning the Crown of Thorns

Polyethylene Packaging - a Dark Times Journal entry